Google Voice, a new choice in telephony.
You can choose the full version of Google Voice with a brand new phone number or add some Google Voice features to your existing mobile phone number.
Why choose Google Voice with a Google number?
- You can manage all your phones using one number because your Google Voice number is tied to you, not to a location or to a physical device.
- A Google number allows you to store voicemail like you'd store email, for as long as you want. You can also search through your voicemail like you would emails.
- Your voicemails can be transcribed into text and emailed or SMS'd to you through built-in voicemail transcription.
- You can custome your ring tones based on who's calling and even choose to send those certain annoying but unavoidable customers directly to voicemail instead of accidentally picking up the phone to talk to them.
- Google using smart technology to route your calls and will use call waiting to reach you on the phone you're on.
- Google voice works with all other phones including mobile, work and desk phones.
- You don't need to install, download, or upload anything.
- You don't need to make calls using a computer.
- You can make international calls using the web at a very competitive per minute rate card
Using Google Voice with your non-Google phone number:
You will lose some features with this option such as call forwarding, screening, and call recording but there are many other features that are still included. They are as follows:
- You can still store and sort through your voicemails like you do emails as above.
- Your voicemail can still be transcribed and sent to you via email or SMS
- You can create customized voicemail greetings based on who's calling
- You can still make international calls using the web at a very competitive rate card.
NOTE: Google doesn't pay me squat for promoting their Google Voice, I just think it is a cool offering!